1 bottle of Bacalan Dry gin 50cl - 43.3% vol
BACALAN DRY, A DRY, SPICY AND PRECISE GIN
DISTILLERY: BORDEAUX DISTILLING CO
OWNERSHIP DISTILLERS: ANTOINE GRAVOUIL AND ARNAUD CHEVALIER
FRANCE - Bordeaux
BACALAN DRY GIN WITH ARCHIBALD? In gin and tonic with Archibald Original
LEARN MORE ABOUT BACALAN DRY GIN:
- Founded in 2018, Bordeaux Distilling Company is an artisanal distillery located in Bordeaux, in the Bacalan district, not far from the Cité du Vin. It is equipped with a complete brewery and a custom built 750l Carl still. This allows it to produce spirits of a great diversity: gin, whiskey, rum, liqueur or bitters.
- Everything is made very artisanally and in small batches (400 to 500 bottles on average), from the use of cereals to bottling, including maceration, fermentation, distillation and aging in wood.
- Bordeaux Distilling Company produces seasonal gins in very small cuvées
- Bacalan is a London Dry type gin, all the ingredients of which are distilled together, by the combination of two techniques: maceration in the kettle during distillation and gentle extraction with steam in a hanging basket.
- Neither the heads nor the tails are kept and redistilled during the next distillation.
- Bacalan gin is also distilled in a single pass with the right volume of neutral alcohol and the exact amount of ingredients necessary for its perfect balance. It is simply reduced slowly to the degree of tasting over several weeks before bottling.
- Botanicals: Juniper, coriander, Angelica, licorice, Orange, lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, ...
- Dry and spicy aromas
- to taste neat or in gin & tonic mode
Produced in France